Pages

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

2013 TOS Review Crew Favorites!!

This was my third year being part of the TOS SchoolHouse Review Crew and we loved it even more this year!!  As we wait patiently to learn if we will be returning or not, I wanted to share a few of our favorites!

My overall, top pick, best thing we reviewed this year - High School Prep Genius by College Prep Genius  - this book has become my go to book for planning these next 4 years.  I have read it, the kiddos have read it, I have made TONS of notes in it (so all the info is in one place) and it is already looking worn & we haven't even started High School!!

Some of our other top picks from this year include:

MATH:
Videotext Online - I think we have found our math curriculum for the rest of life!!  This has turned out to be a lifesaver for us and they are learning!  With math, we also really enjoyed Hands of A Child and their Intro to Geometry.
SOCIAL STUDIES:
History, we worked out way through Notgrass' America the Beautiful and even though it is more of a textbook style curriculum (and we are not textbook learners) we did like the way it was laid out and it was easy to follow.  The Presidential Game - this was not what I thought it was going to be, but it turned out to be a great learning tool for me, as well as for the kiddos.
.SCIENCE: 
Hands down best Science curriculum (around here anyways) Apologia! With Land Animals of the 6th Day we were able to wrap up all of their elementary series and we have enjoyed everyone of them!!
LANGUAGE ARTS:
I personally liked Teaching the Classics, but The Art of Poetry comes in a close second around here!  They both are definitely keepers!!
JUST FOR MOM:
Life has changed so much around here after I read Paperless Home Organization!  I cannot tell you what a blessing it was to take some of these simple ideas and apply them to our day!  It has made a huge difference when it comes to being mom and keeping up with EVERYTHING!!!

All in all, we had a great Crew year.  We liked some things more than others, some were hard to review, some came super easy.  I have gained so much being part of the Crew and it has been a blessing to our family the past few years.  

If you would like to see the Crew's top picks, along with some of the other Crew Members favorites - check out the CREW BLOG!




2 comments:

  1. you picked ones I'm not familiar with. thanks for reminding me of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too loved the Presidential Game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!