Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

#1 in 2014

I am a Christian, however, I stay pretty torn about that label.  I don't want to be associated with those who claim they are Christian but are so full of hate and intolerance of others. So much has happened lately that gives Christians a bad name... it makes me sad.

While I am not a new Christian, I still feel like I have so much more to learn.  I try to do my Bible Study, I have a couple of devotions that I read on and off, and I listen to my Focus on the Family audiodevotion app on a pretty regular basis. I try. I still fall.  We all do.  

The first thing I am sharing about being thankful for this year - my Salvation.  I am thankful that, even when I fall, I am covered by Grace.  Saved by Jesus' death on the cross.  Forgiven of my sins. Not expected to be perfect.  

I am thankful that my hubby is saved, that he has helped me raise Samantha and Riley in church, that they have accepted Jesus in their hearts and they genuinely show his love by the way they give to others.  

Are you joining me in my 40 in 14 Thankful Challenge?  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!