Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Out on a fire,..

Rog got called out to a house fire.  I was just going to curl up in bed and listen to it while I was reading... then he called asking me to bring drinking water.  I called a friend and we met at the station and loaded up some drinking water and headed out to the country. 

Jen was driving and we were able to see smoke for a ways out, but as we got closer, my heart sank.  Someone's house was fully engulfed in flames.  Just made me ill... 

There were a couple of us, so I didn't have to tote water, which was a good thing, because I was already having issues breathing, and then seeing the house.  Once we got down by the truck, we started passing out water to the FF's.  They were there on scene - trying to get the fire out - for over 6 hours!!  Once they started breaking down, we ran and grabbed a few pizza's for them, since they had worked through the dinner hour. 

I haven't taken photos on scene for a while, and when I do, I try to get our guys in action, along with trying to not get anyone's personal stuff - however, I didn't take this one, I snagged it from one of the FF's.  Sad stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!