Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

5 Days of... Day 5



Today is my last Service Project day... did you learn anything? Did you find something that touched your heart? Are you looking for some way to get involved in your area?  I thought today I would share a few ways to help you find something to do.

Here is one I am currently working on for my kiddos and possibly the local HS teen group or our scout connections or the local community youth - TeenCERT - this is a part of FEMA, teaching/training TEENS to help out in an emergency or a natural disaster.

And some more ideas...
DoSomething - a website that challenges youth to get involved.  It is more than just service projects.  It has ways you can help and ideas for you to start your own project.

Here is a link with SERVICE PROJECT IDEAS. Here are some EAGLE SCOUT ideas, but anyone can do these. Here is a list from a PUBLIC SCHOOL DISTRICT.

The lists are endless, and so are the ideas.. I challenge all of my readers to find something to do to give back to the community.

If you are going to do anything, might as well keep up with your hours!  There is a Presidential Service Award that goes to individuals, troops, groups, families.  I encourage you to keep up with your hours and submit them to this site and get the recognition.  Trust me, nothing gets a kiddo more excited than see a letter signed by the President.  And it wasn't even for him, Riley got excited over my letter!! I am trying to keep updated as a family this year, so the kiddos will get some credit... they don't quite get in enough to make it on their own.

If you have websites that you can share with more ideas and links, please get them to me and I will add them here.

Thank you for following along on my 5Day journey!

Please check out the rest of the 5Days of...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!