Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Clean Heart ~ Trust in HIM!

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6


The key verse for this week.  I printed off the verse card and posted it in my bathroom so I will see it at least twice each day! The devotional for the week speaks of the trust fall ~ can you do that? I cannot, not even falling into Rog's arms, no matter how hard I try. I always give that step at the last second. I am not completely convinced it is a lack of trust issue, I think a lot of it has to do with my fear of free falling.  That is my biggest fear, not heights or being up high, just falling from them!  


Trust is a hard word. Something that is earned, and sadly, sometimes, I trust to easy.  I have been burned once, recently, with trusting someone, and now I think my guard is a little higher that it was before.  Maybe that's the keep reason for this verse for this study ~ I need to trust in HIM, not in others.


I think this is also a great verse to start this year long study ~ TRUST IN HIM ~ my plan for 2012 ~ 


Another key word in these verses (this was discussed in my HS Bible Study group, thanks GP for pointing it out) Acknowledge ~ another word for submit! In all your ways submit to HIM, Trust what HE is going to do and then submit to let HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!