Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Challenges?

In taking on this Ultimate Blog Challenge, one of the blog topic ideas was blogging about challenges.  Do you seek them out or tend to shy away from them.  Normally I would think I would say I tend to shy away from them, however, I have taken on three or four different ones this past month… willingly. 
A couple of small ones, and a few huge ones - I thought about putting them in order of hugeness for me, but while some of them may seem to be a bigger challenge than others, in trying to list them, I’m not so sure…
UBChallenge is one of them.  I try hard to keep pretty updated with my blog, so I didn’t figure it would be a *real* hard challenge for me.  Maybe more of a reminder?  This is one that I would consider fairly huge for me. So far, so good (yep, this is day 2!).
Bible in 90 Days Challenge.  Another one I try really hard to keep up with - reading my Bible.  I stated off this year going strong - and the Old Testament is H.A.R.D. to read.  Needless to say, I am behind on my reading list - hoping that I can mark it off completely for this time around in about 100 days! One I am up to for sure!
Homeschool Crew.  Sounds easy, right?  Well, truth be told… it’s not!  I mean, is it fun? Absolutely!  We had a great time getting items in the mail last time. But, it is a LOT of hard work.  Keeping up with what you are getting, when it is due, researching it, actually using it and forming an opinion and then pulling together a post for you all to read - definitely a challenge! Another one that I am up to!
Last one that comes to mind right now, may seem small to you, but I stepped out in faith and offered to lead an online Bible Study with my local homeschool group.  We have been reading and (supposed to be) discussing Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell.  I have been making 4 new emails each week for discussion - 1. Specific prayer requests for the week, 2. General notes from what I read, 3. Application ideas that are found at the end of each chapter and 4. Study guide questions that are in a study guide book that goes along with it.  I have just posted (and answered) week 4.  I have gotten very little response from the group, but I am not giving up, hoping that one thing that one person reads, may help them somehow.  Isn’t that what it is all about?  Needless to say, I took it as a challenge in the beginning, and now, that I almost feel like it is failing, I am seeing it as more of a challenge to keep it going…
So, there are my thoughts on challenges… I don’t really care to take ‘em on, but it appears I do it anyways.

/
/>