Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Camping Trip 2011 - Monday

The guys set jugs last night, so alarms went off first thing this morning... Really? On the first day of vacation? Yep... SOO... Since I was wide awake, I took my bible and headed outside.

Next week, I will be starting an online Bible Study with my homeschool group. We will be working through Homeschooling With A Meek & Quiet Spirit by Terri Maxwell, along with the study guide. Since it was nice and quiet, I was able to get through the introduction and chapter one - complete with making notes!  When we saw the guys heading in, we started breakfast - french toast and sausage!

After breakfast was eaten and cleaned up, we all jumped in the boat and headed out to the lake - right to the center and stop to jump...






We hung out there for a while, then headed to what we call skip rock island for lunch - grilled dogs!  Kiddos swam and explored the island- I hung out on the boat and read, and swam for a bit.  The guys fished & swam...



Time for some knee-boarding and tubing - even though we were on the party barge and it doesn't go so fast, we still have fun on it...




This would be about where we lost Ry... we started slowing down and Sam was signaling faster! I yelled, we have to stop for your brother - she turned to the side and says oh... it was SO funny!  She didn't even realize she lost him!!


And here are some random face shots as we head back to shore...





And some random hanging out at camp pictures...



Chicken kabobs and fresh grilled corn on the cob for dinner and then the guys headed back out to set more jugs... nothing on the first set... let's see what tonight holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!