Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Start of a new week.. wonder what it holds?

Since I was finally able to enjoy my day of doing absolutely nothing for most of yesterday (cook out for dinner at the inlaws was ALL I did!) I was ready to get started on this week!

Kiddos and I got up and went to church this morning - great service on Memorial Day - spoke of remembering the vets, but also those who have gone on before us.  He did stress that it was important to remember those who gave their lives for our freedom, that that is what the day was about and why it was a federal holiday.  But, he also said to take some time and reflect on those that we love that we have lost.  This was tough, as it was just over a week ago that Meme passed (still need to blog about that week - will be backdated and will link it from here when I get it done).  Brother Paul also talked about reaching out to those we still have here with us and giving ourselves to those in need.  The verse he referred to was Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing : for in due season we shall reap , if we faint not. I think we need to use this verse as Girl Scouts!  Something to keep in mind during the time while we are volunteering and working on service projects! 


Riley opted to go with Grannie from church, Samantha was going to come home and hang out with me (the original plan was to clean the house).  Roger and his friend were home from fishing, so we grab Hershey and headed to the lake... to see how bad the flooding was in the area we were going to be in...


Here is where we turn into the campgrounds:
We make a right turn at the stop sign, but can't go much further than the sign.  The signs furthest out in the water are the *welcome to the swim area* rules sign!  Yeah, there is still sand/beach supposed to be past those signs...

Here is the boat slip:
Roger is walking out to the Marina slip to get a ferry over to the slip where our boat is - there in the background.  The caution tape is where we walk onto the slip... the water is up pretty high... We are hoping it drops some before we head down there to camp for the week!

Hersey had a blast in the water - we went to the *cold hole* and Hershey walked the creek there and loved it!  Boy, my van smelled like a wet dog by the time we got home!  And boy, was she tired...

Dinner was taco salad at mom & dad's house, and we were pretty tired, so Rog and I came home...kiddos begged to stay with Grannie.  I just got a text from Chelle & now they are begging to go with her! I told them I didn't care, but I was going to bed...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!