Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1- Introduce yourself, recent picture & 15 things about me

I read about this on Heidi's BLOG, so I decided to check out Katie's BLOG and see what it was all about...


Day 1: Post an introduction, a recent picture & 15 things about yourself.


Well, my name is Christa and I am married for almost 14 years.  My hubby is a firefighter, both paid and volunteer and our lives truly revolves around the fire department.  It always has, as that is where we met!  We have boy/girl twins that are 10 years old.  We are a homeschool family and wouldn't have it any other way!  We have been homeschooling since the beginning and *we* are in 5th grade!  I love re-learning things right along with them!  I currently battle Lupus/Fibro and a host of other *issues* that go along with those.  I also have some lung issues that we are trying to get to the bottom of.  We are involved in our church and both Boy & Girl Scouts with the kiddos!


This is the most very recent - it was taken at the (windy) Walk-A-Thon the beginning of September.


ONE:  I love to bake - anything in the kitchen!  My current adventure is sourdough... I am about to give that a try.
TWO:  We love to travel - we have been several places in the southeastern US (mostly Florida)!
THREE: We didn't know we were carrying twins until after Samantha was born.
FOUR: I had only one name for my *child* that was going to go for either a boy or a girl.
FIVE: Riley got that name!
SIX: I have met 3 internet in real life.
SEVEN: I stay cold - even in the middle of summer- in Arkansas
EIGHT: I hate doing laundry... I don't mind getting it through the machines, and I will fold it, but I DON'T like having to put it all away.
NINE: My kiddos do their own laundry - see #8
TEN: I love having Rog's FF friends over to hang out.. they are so much fun!
ELEVEN: I am the leader of Samantha's Girl Scout troop - love hanging with those girls!!
TWELVE: I am also in a couple of other volunteer positions with Girl Scouts.
THIRTEEN: I love to watch reality TV - not just Survivor, but Teen Moms, Wife Swap, Sister Wives...
FOURTEEN: I DON'T let my kiddos watch TV with me...
FIFTEEN: I have to have a calender and everything HAS to be in it...life falls apart if the calendar isn't doing it's job!


**Want to join in?  Visit Katie's blog and jump on in!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Christa - great pic too! You look SUPER! And your blog looks awesome too - you finally figured it out, I see. :) Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you are participating with us! I was in girl scouts all the way through juniors. Once I was supposed to be a cadet, I got busy with sports and such and something had to give. I'm looking forward to seeing your answers each day! I will have a linky up for each day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!