Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Not so normal after all...

As we sat outside doing school this  morning, I was thinking about how boring our day was going to be and that I didn't think that I would even blog about it....

Well, I was WAY WRONG!!!  We worked outside this morning on their school work, and then stopped about 1pm for lunch & a break.  While we were on that break, the fire department got called out to assist Camp Robinson on a woods fire (that has been burning on and off since last Tuesday).  My father in law called me and told me they were thinking about evacuating his street and I needed to go get Roger's Gramma.  Roger had taken the van to work, so we went and picked her up in the jeep, dropped them back off at the house then went to get my nephew from school and took him to the house with Gramma and the twins and then I headed out to the fire station.  Roger took a couple of hours emergency leave from work & I met him down there with clothes to change into and his radio.  He sent me to his parents house to help out there.  I ended up helping with hoses and on the back of the four wheeler delivering water to the firefighters & letting folks on the road know that the fire was close.

Along with Runyan Acres Fire Department, also out helping were North Pulaski, Sylvan Hills/Sherwood/Gravel Ridge, North Little Rock Air Force Base- tons of sherriff's - forestry- they were all out here... It was a CRAZY out here...

Roger had to go back to work, once everyone was cleared from the fire, we hung out at the station for a while - the smoke was still pretty thick.  I thought for sure that they would be called back on it.  I went to get the kiddos from Gramma's house and ended up staying for dinner...

When we left there, we could see flames, we also drove around to the other area that was being covered/watched by the firefighters and there was still fire there.  I came on home and put everything back on the chargers... in case we go back out again tonight...I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!