Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Homeschool Crew: Kinderbach



With the Homeschool Crew, we were given a free subscription to the Kinderbach website.  I was pretty excited about this.  Looking at Kinderbach's site, it is full of color and just looks very inviting.  The kiddos were pretty excited about it at first. 

 Samantha is going into her second year of piano lessons, so she is still pretty fresh at music, so I figured she would love this.  She didn't care for it.  I don't know if it was because she couldn't find that *place* to be.  The beginning lessons were to easy for her and when she would skip ahead, they were too hard...she had trouble finding that happy-medium.  I encouraged her to start at the beginning and work thru until she found where she was supposed to be...but she quickly lost interest in it.  I tried to interest Riley in it, but, he is stuck on his guitar and could care less about playing the piano...so he didn't last long at all on the site.  I thought by them having new laptops of their own would help, but they still really showed no interest in this.

One thing that did stand out to me, that I wasn't crazy about...they had to use my name and password to log in, they didn't have their own individual log-ins.  Riley didn't play on it enough for me to know how it kept up with their progress.  My concern would be if she was to get further along, then would it *lose* him and put him ahead. 

After the kiddos gave up on the program, I did spend some time playing on there, just to get a feel of it for this review.  It is a really cute website and I think it could be very beneficial in the music field.

**Disclaimer:  I was provided with a FREE two month supscription by Kinderbach for the purpose of this review. For more opinions and reviews of this product, please check out the Crew page, linked at the top of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!