Pages

Friday, June 12, 2009

Long day Friday

We spent some time this morning cleaning the house...we have been at it about their rooms being clean.  They thought they were clean, but they were not Momma Clean, or as another friend says, inspection clean.  Well, they were told this morning that if their rooms were not Momma Clean by the time gramma got there, then after they left, I would be releasing their small collection of animals they had in the back yard - 2 turtles and a countless number of toadfrogs.  They didn't want that to happen, so miraculously, they got their rooms cleaned like I have been asking for months!
I heard one of the say as they slipped out back (after their rooms were sparkling, of course!) 'Yes, we get to keep the frogs'.  I am not 100% sure who said it, but I would be willing to bet it was Samantha. 
After they had some reading time this afternoon, the house got really dark - it was then I realized we were under a tornado warning!!  The sirens were sounding and then the storms started!!  We hung out in the den and watched the news and weather, and listened to all the calls go out over the scanner.  They didn't last long, but they were pretty strong!!
Gramma came and got the kiddos after the weather cleared!  I finished up laundry and packed - Rog and I are headed to Hot Springs. He is doing his dive and certification class at Mount Harbor of Lake Ouachita and so we are going to stay there for the weekend instead of driving back and forth. 
******
Rog was supposed to get off at 7 and we were hoping to be on the road by 8.  We left at 9 and didn't get there until 11...I am tired and going to bed...will be back after class tomorrow with pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!