Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

It may happen this year....

We have lived in this house for 4 years this summer.  In the backyard are 2 pear trees.  Well, there are more than 2 really.  There is one that stands alone, and then 1 or 2 that are clustered with a Bradford Pear Tree.  They flower at different times, so in the spring, half is all flowery and the other half is bare, then they alternate. 
Well, all of that to say that in the time we have lived here, we have never gotten pears off the tree.  Any guesses as to why?  I have one word for you - SQUIRRELS!!!  They attack my pear trees and steal all my pears, right as they start to form...we have only seen the beginnings a couple of times, then all of a sudden - nothing.
This is an old picture of her - she is bigger and not as fuzzy -
She has saved my pear trees!  We noticed the other day that both of the trees have nice sized pears on them.  Hopefully she will continue her job at guarding the pear trees and keeping the critters away. 
Anyone know what I can do with pears?  Jam, jellies?  Share with me what I can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!