Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Monday ~

I guess the kiddos had a LONG weekend!  They slept in until after 10 am.  Once up and going, they had breakfast and started on their school work.  We did our 'together' work first - Grammar, History and Science - then as they started on thier seatwork - Spelling, Handwriting (still trying to get that cursive down) and Math - I turned our small TV on to the History channel and we watched a couple of programs about MLK.  I learned at 12:30 that CNN was doing his speech at Noon (drats - we missed it) but when I turned it to CNN and they were back and forth about MLK and Obama, they wanted me to leave it there.  Even after they finished their work, they kept coming back to watch the news channel.  I guess it will be on this channel tomorrow - what an educational oppurtunity!! 
There are several places that have shared lesson plans on the Inauguration, and had I been feeling better, I would have shared them earlier - none the less, here they are:
http://www.doverpublications.com/samplerkids/0115/
http://thinkingdifferentlyabouteducation.blogspot.com/
http://theinnovativeeducator.blogspot.com/2008/12/help-students-pay-attention-to-2009.html
http://treasureseekers.wordpress.com/2009/01/11/inauguration-resources/
http://carfamily.wordpress.com/2009/01/06/inauguration-day-lesson-plans-and-resources/
http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/lesson/lesson219.shtml
http://inaugural.senate.gov/history/
These are just sites that I have come across on other boards, or blogs that I have come upon.  I do not know anything about some of these (some are fellow FIAR moms) so I am not responsible for what you may find on these sites.  I plan on spending some time once the kiddos have gone to bed checking out these sites and seeing what we can use/do tomorrow!
After lunch, the kiddos got back on the Wii - yes, Indiana Jones again, but they got into one too many fusses about it, so it got turned off. 
I started a sourdough starter over the weekend, and I am doing really good keeping it fed.  I just hope it is not too cold.  The site I linked says as long as it doesn't get to hot it should be ok - well, that is not a worry here!!  I guess we will see in a few days. If I can get this to take off and I can start using it with sucess, then I am going to give the Amish Friendship Bread starter a try.  We love that stuff and it has been a while since we have had any.
Dinner for tonight was easy - pasta and a veggie!  While the kiddos were eating, I worked on a menu and grocery list for our next errand day. Here is what I have come up with:
Tuesday: Meatball subs/chips and cheese dip
Wednesday: kiddos eat a church- Rog and I will have leftovers
Thursday: Cheeseburger Casserole (new recipe)
Friday:  Rog and I have a date!  Not sure what we will do about dinner.
Saturday: Rog and kiddos have a date - I am going to girls night game night at mom's
Sunday: Enchiladas, rice, corn, chips/salsa/cheese dip
Monday: Homemade Pizza
Tuesday: Sloppy Joes (Girl Scout style)
That all sounds so simple.  Guess my mind is thinking go easy next week!  Now that I got the menu/grocery list taken care of, I need to figure out the rest of my errands and get them together and in order!
I am taking part in a study on the book The Excellent Wife.  It is in a group on the Homeschool Lounge and Ineed to read my chapter for the week here in a few, but for now, I am off to check out those sites to see what tomorrow holds for our school day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!