Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

A long, sad day...

Got the kiddos up and ready to take to mom's this morning, because dad was going with me to Mr. Gwatney's funeral.  Before we ever got out the door headed that way, dad called - he was at the hospital with my grandpa.  I have asked for prayer on here for him before.  He is 85 years old and has Congestive Heart Failure, along with a couple other major health issues.  Dad is not sure if he will be home in time for the funeral.
He was home in time to go with me.  Very moving service, very emotional.  Mr. Gwatney touched many lives and it was evident by the standing room only crowd at the service.
After the service, the kiddos came home and took care of school work.  While they were doing that, I made up my first round of Amish Friendship Bread from my homemade starter~ IT WORKED!!  And it tasted yummy!
Dinner was simple tacos and Samantha and I headed out to Girl Scout meeting.  We are working on learning about Fiji for an event we have coming up, so we made our final plans for that.  We are all looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!