Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cast Iron cooking?

Over the past week or so, I came across my meme's old cast iron dutch oven.  It was a bit rusted, and needed some TLC. So I cleaned it real good with some steel wool and washed it really good with soap and water and dried it over the stovetop flame. Once I oiled it up, it seems to be almost as good as new.  I used it the other night to make spaghetti. I turned it into a one dish meal and it was pretty yummy! 


I am looking to use the dutch oven more in my cooking, and have come across a few recipes that I may want to try.  Anyone out there use a dutch oven on a regular occasion? Want to share some tried and true recipes that I can use?  I am not using it over open campfires -just in my oven or on stovetop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!