Classic Salt Dough Ornament Recipe
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup water
1. Mix salt and flour.
2. Add in half the water, then gradually add the remaining water.
3. Knead until the dough is smooth, this can take up to 10 minutes.
4. For flat dough ornaments roll out the dough on baking paper
Or be creative and make odd shapes and wreaths (takes longer to bake)
Use cookie cutters, cut-out templates, or just use your hands.
Dust dough with flour and begin to add details to the ornaments with a toothpick, popsicle stick, and knife.
Use a straw to make a hole so you can hang the ornament.
Baking: Time varies based on thickness of ornament
Temperature: 325 degrees
Time: 1 1/2 hours - or until dry
Decorate: Let cool before you begin
Paint with acrylic paints
Glue on beads, buttons, or any fun accessory
Preservation: Making them last a long time
Coat with acrylic varnish when everything is dry
*** Color Variation Notes from our Visitors***
- Substitute coffee for water - great for gingerbread people - Thanks, Shelly
- Add food coloring to make dough a unique color - white, blue, red, etc...
Taken from Gift Idea Center .com