Pages

Sunday, December 17, 2006

7 Reasons to Bless God as you Face Death ~Psalms 16

I. God is my Protector


* Psalms 16:1 ~Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust.


*Psalms 56:3 ~What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. 11~In God  I have put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.


*Hebrews 13:6 ~So, that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


II. God is my delight


Psalms 16:2-4 ~2O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendth not to thee; 3But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. 4Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips.


III. God is my inheritance


*Psalms 16:5-6 ~5The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. 6The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.


*Matthew 6:19-21 ~19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where theives break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselvestreasures in Heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.


*I Corinthians 2:12-15 ~Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay , stuble; 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned , he shall suffer  loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by the fire.


IV. God is my Counseler


*Psalms 16:7 ~I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons.


i. Through His Word


*Proverbs 2:1-5 ~My son, f thou wilt recieve my words, and hide my commandments with thee; 2So that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thy heart to understanding; 3Yea, if thy criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; 4If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treausres; 5Then shalt thou understanf the fear of the Lord, and shall find the knowledge of God.


*Psalms 119:105 ~Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.


*James 1:5 ~If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given to him.


ii. Through His Holy Spirit


* II Timothy 3:16-17 ~16All scritpure is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable as doctrine, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.


*Psalms 23:4 ~Yea, though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


*Job 19:25-27 ~25For I shall know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand a a latter day upon the earth: 26And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh will I see God: 27Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another, though my reins be consumed within me.


*Phillipians 1:21 ~For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.


V. God is my Rock


*Psalms 16:8-9 ~ I have set the Lord always before me: because He is at my right hand and I shall not be moved. 9Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.


Jesus will be your source, your force and your course.  God told Moses - I will put you in the 'cleft of the rock'.


*Job 19:24~ That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever!


*I Peter 2:8 ~And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed,


*I Peter 2:4 ~ To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,


*Matthew 16:8 ~ Which when Jesus percieved, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?


VI. God is My Resurrection


*Psalms 16:10 ~ For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.


*John 11:25 ~Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.


*I Corinthians 15:51-57 ~ Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed. 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump; for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this moral must put on immorality. 54So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immorality, then shall be brought to pass saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56The sting of death is sin; and the strenght of sin is the law. 57But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.


VII. God is my Life


*Psalms 16:11 ~Thou will show me the path of life; in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!