Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Movie reviews

Well, our Thursday was such a nice laid back type of day!  Last night after I dropped the kiddos off at VBS, I ran to the video store that is right up the road...that is a treat, cuz the movies are pretty pricey, and I just can't justify spending almost what you could buy it for to rent it, but that is neither here nor there, I bit the bullet and rented 2 movies anyway!! 


 


Eight Below - Awesome! It gets 3 thumbs up at our house.  I knew it was going to be sad and everyone told me I would cry (and I sorta did) but my main concern was if the kiddos would cry.  They didn't.  And they didn't see my tears.  The tears I shed were because of the ending (even though there were some sad parts).  Also, at the amazement of the dogs and their loyality to their master and to each other!  I know it was a movie, but it was based on a true story and it was about team sled dogs, so I figure that it was a pretty good picture of how those dogs are in 'real life'.  Not to mention how beautiful they are!!


 


High School Musical - It was good.  I liked it, it was a new version of Grease (one of my all time faves!). Ry loved it, I knew he would. How many other 3 year old boys fall in love with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and still love it after 3 years??  Sis loved it because she loves to sing and we listen to Radio Disney alot in the car, so she knew most of the songs.


 


And last but not least.....


 


CARS - We LOVED it!!!  We snuck off to see it the afternoon before we left for camping with my parents and my sis!!  Such a cute movie!!!  It will definately become part of our home movie collection.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed High School Musical as well......we just rented 8 Below, but haven't watched it yet....looking forward to it.....and Cars will probably have to wait until it comes out on dvd....but the kids are really looking forward to that as well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!