Pages

Monday, August 8, 2005

Blogging is not going like I planned...

My original plans for this blog were to use it as a 'daily' journal of our homeschool happenings.  Well, we started school last Monday, and I blogged that day, but the rest of the week fell by the wayside. 

So, last week was good, Ry had a little trouble concentrating when I asked him to do something, but was fine when he wanted to do it....gonna have to figure him out and make most thinks 'his idea!', and Sis wakes up every morning asking when are we going to start school.  This was just our first week of our first year, so .....we'll get there....isn't that the whole point of keeping them home anyways... so we can work at their pace??? 

We read Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel for our Five In A Row book last week, and we also studied about other types of construction vehicles.  They had a lot of fun with that.  We started our calendar last week, and since I was out of ink we didn't get to start our weather chart...I have to get their calendars printed off so we can catch up on them.....bot to hard to mark weather in Arkansas in August....sunny....sunny....sunny.... well, you get the picture!!

I have read in various places (some of them being blogs here, some not) about a "household binder" with schedules, chores, menu, recipe ideas -- you name it-- anything you need to help run the house more smoothly. I have been working on one for a while now, but never realized that not only do they have a name, but other people do this!! Mine has actually been on the computer, so once I get things just like I want them, I will be getting that organized!!!

Well, I think I am almost all caught up on daily life around here.....actually, there are a couple of other things....Landon, my almost 2 year old nephew will be joining us 2-3 days a week, so we will be doing B4 FIAR also......
and... our cat that we have had for 8 years has gone missing.... not sure what happened or where he went, we saw him last on Thursday night late......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!