Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2005

A small tragedy at our house

Well, we went to my mom's last night to play cards, hubby was at work, so just me and the kids. It was late (not terribly late, but past bedtime late) when we got home.  I sent the kids to get jammies on, and went to check on the frog (see previous post).  Well, I look in the cage, find the frog -- did I mention he has only 1 eye --found the lizard...they seem to be sharing the cage quiet well.  It was then that I realized that our hamsters of 9 months were not sharing the cage well.  It seems as though there was a fight...over what I'm not sure, but Stripe got the best of Scratchy.  So, in jammies, well after bedtime, we have a minor talk - our first - about death and dying. They asked a few questions, and were sad that Scratchy would no longer be in our 'critter farm', and after a few mintues of blank looks, Samantha asked if people could die of nosebleeds.   I found this to be super cute, as Samantha has a weekly appointment with a nose bleed....she just never knows when...it has been even worse this summer with the heat and all.  So after us discussing this she seemed a little concerned about her nosebleeds.

As I type this, I sit here feeling sad.....an internet friend (Debby from previous posts)has just lost her mom, and I am hurting for her. It was due to a vehicle accident, so it was very sudden. The fact that we have lost a hamster seems so minor.

While I am not good with words, Debby, if ( when) you read this, I want you to know that we are praying for you and your family, and that if there is anything that we can do...please don't hesitate....you have my number, call me if you need to talk.  Thinking of you and sending you hugs.....
~christa~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!