Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Quick trip to the deer woods

Since it was a three-day weekend, and Roger was off most of it, he wanted to go to the deer woods and go squirrel hunting.  He tried various ways to be able to take off down there with some friends, but they all kept falling through.  Finally, I talked him into waiting until after church on Sunday and going down for the night.  Seemed like a plan that worked for everyone, and, so he wasn't down there hunting alone, the kiddos and I loaded up and went down with him.

He has been working with me for a while to increase my comfort level with guns. It has been a slow process, but I am getting there...  I am fine with Riley's airsoft guns or even their bebe guns.  I had been hunting with him a time or two and carried his 22, but I still haven't seen anything while we were  hunting...

Since we were the only ones at deer camp, he was able to talk me into giving the others a try.  Still not completely comfortable with them, but I am getting there...

I shot the top off of a tiny pine tree while using the 22...

And I buried several bullets in the ground because I was aiming too low, using his pistol.  He dug around for them, then marked the spots... plans on taking the metal detectors down next time and digging the bullet up...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!