Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Schoolhouse Review - Crossbow Education

Photobucket
Crossbow Education is a company geared toward students with learning disabilities.  The website states their Reading Rulers are made to reduce glare, dancing and blurring, along with visual tracking.  The pack of 10 rulers that we reviewed are available for $16.95.
Photobucket
When the package first came in, Riley wanted to use one and see if it helped him focus more while he was reading.  He has used it on and off, and I think it helps him (he doesn't have any learning issues - but I do think he is ADD).  I have noticed when he starts fidgeting or wondering, I remind him of these and it usually reigns him back in.
Samantha on the other hand, she has been diagnosed with Dyslexia/Dysgraphia/Written Expression Disorder.  These rulers were designed perfectly for her!!  She prefers the pink one, but there are random ones stuck in random books of hers.  She uses them almost ALL the time.  Samantha has told me several times that they help her with the reading, especially when she is reading something that is a paragraph, as opposed to individual sentences.  These rulers have been somewhat of a blessing and I can see that we will continue to use them in the future.

Photobucket


*Disclaimer: My family was given this product free of charge to use and form our own opinion of and share with our readers.  The thoughts and opinions expressed about this item are strictly opinions of myself or my children.*

1 comment:

  1. Great tool! For those of us with children who have learning glitches, this is a great help! Thank you for reviewing these for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!