Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012



The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week… was a busy week!  We went to visit Pepaw in the hospital twice this week, we also went on a really cool field trip (see below ~ my favorite thing this week!).  Scouts and scouts and ballgames! Riley pitched his first game this week and I wasn't able to be there to see it.  There is video of it and I think maybe some pictures.
In our homeschool this week… we meet Friday afternoon, all caught up, for the second week in a row!  
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… dry erase boards.  I don't know how we would make it through math with out them around here...
I am inspired by… my online *gathering room* friends.  They are so full of kind and inspiring words to each other.
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing… sadly, we spent time at the hospital this week, visiting with my Pepaw.  He has not been feeling good.  My heart hurts, as we are coming upon the one year anniversary of my Meme's passing, so I am afraid it is large part depression...
My favorite thing this week was… Mt. Holy Cemetery field trip!
What’s working/not working for us… finally having a calendar like I have used in the past - I have all of everything in that simple 8x10 spiral bound (with lots of paperclips) book
Questions/thoughts I have… will I ever get a schedule figured out for keeping the house picked up
Things I’m working on… that schedule... LOL ~ see above!  Oh, and we are trying to wrap up our Girl Scout year and get some things on the calendar for the summer!
I’m reading… A book for review called Busy Mom's Guide to Parenting Teen's
I’m cooking… homemade cinnamon rolls were on the table this morning... chocolate chip cookies in the oven soon for my Pepaw (he is home!)
I’m grateful for… the extended family I have left (I'm talking greats here)
I’m praying for… several of my *gathering room* friends
A photo, video, link, or quote to share… 











1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you figure out a house cleaning schedule! You'll share, right? LOL I could really use one here! Especially one that the KIDS can follow! ;)

    Sorry to hear about your Pepaw, but he's home now! Whoop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!