Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

atoz challenge~ Letter F



FIRST ELECTRIC


OK, this was a pretty neat field trip also... 

First Electric Co-op opened their facility up to our homeschool group and did a pretty awesome tour.  

First, we were in their auditorium for some safety lessons.  The kiddos watched a video, then they got to do some hands on stuff to show them what the video was saying.  That part was OK.  It was very educational and it was great for the younger kiddos.

The second part was the best part!  They took the kiddos out back to their mobile electricity education trailer and showed them the different parts of the breakers and the wires. They showed the safety gear and equipment. Then they showed them how seriously high of a voltage it sent.



At the end, they fried a hotdog on a stick by the voltage... I have the picture in my phone, but for some reason, it's not in my files on my computer.  I will look and get it posted as soon as I can figure out where it is!


3 comments:

  1. Yes, Rose ~ it was a really cool field trip! I just can't seem to find the rest of the pictures that I took while we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fascinating field trip. I know my son's science teacher would love to take her kids to see something like that.

    atozchallenge Dragondreamer's Lair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!