Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

TOS Crew Review: Progeny Press~ The Cay


Photobucket
I talk about how much the kiddos love some of these reviews products we use, however, I actually think this product will go on my list of faves!  I absolutely have loved reading The Cay and learning from this guide.  I am also very excited about all of the other titles they offer.  We have been trying to do a monthly unit type study on a chapter book, almost in place of our other work (minus daily math).  This is our 2nd month and book and we have really learned a lot in just two books.  By using the study guide, doing unit study type work, it really works in with my wanting to be relaxing in our schooling.

Photobucket

We were given a few choices and we chose The Cay by Theodore Taylor.  I don't think I had ever read it, and I know the kiddos had never read it.  We started with the audio book and listened through the entire story ~ which ended up being a good idea, since Phillip had such the accent, it made it easier to read.  After we listened, we started some of the pre-reading ideas.  Their favorite was the map-work, but I liked the timeline we did!  The kiddos are still reading the book and we are working our way through each chapter doing the work that is in the study guide.  We have thoroughly enjoyed some of the optional activities as well!  Are you interested in a study guide for a great book?  Check them out!

Photobucket
Progeny Press has all grade levels and a nice assortment of books to study. Prices begin at $6.99 and go from there, depending on what book and what products.

To see what my other Crew Members have to say about Progeny Press, please visit the Crew Banner above.


*Disclaimer: My family was given this product free of charge to use and form our own opinion of and share with our readers.  The thoughts and opinions expressed about this item are strictly opinions of myself or my children.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!