Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

CREW REVIEW: I See Cards ~ Fractazmic


Photobucket


Photobucket


So, fractions are not really a strong subject for me... especially if I don't have any paper to work it all out on.... (or a dry erase board)
(I'm teaching my kiddos the love for dry-erase as well!)

Ok, so back to me not loving fractions so much... so, we started working on them earlier this year, but I really felt there was a gap with them and their multiplication tables - so we backed up and are really hitting on that - putting the fraction work on hold.  We dove into this game knowing basically nothing about fractions. It was a little scary at first, but the more we play, the more they learn!  And they ASK to play it!! It has been the game of the week around here the past few weeks!!

I think the thing I like most about it, they are learning fractions in a not so scary way! They have both really taken this game and tried -with little help- to figure out if they have a whole.  And their need for my help has gotten to be less and less!  YAY! We are getting the hang of this... without a workbook!

You can get your own set of Fractazmic Cards from I See Cards.  The deck cost just $6.95... not bad to teach my kiddos math!!


*Disclaimer: My family was given this product free of charge to use and form our own opinion of and share with our readers.  The thoughts and opinions expressed about this item are strictly opinions of myself or my children.*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!