Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Gratitude Challenge ~ Day 1






I'm going to start this challenge off the way we all should.  

I am thankful for my relationship with the Lord and my Salvation! 

I was not raised in church (long story & my parents are now actively involved with our church).  I went to Sunday School a lot with my Meme, but it was just going to be with her & she always stopped afterwards and bought us candy!  

We were married in a church (our church, by our pastor).  We talked about going, but never did.  I knew about Jesus, and believed in Him, but had never accepted Him.. I didn't know.  When the kiddos were about three, we passed a church and there were people mingling in the parking lot.  Riley asked was was that building and why were all the people there..I told him it was a church. His response - I want to go to church. So, Sunday morning, we went to church.  We were visitors for about 2 years or so and learned quite a bit.  In January of 2007, Roger and I spent some time with our pastor and accepted Jesus into our hearts and lives.  We were baptized together in March of that year.   

We continued to attend Kellogg, but there was not much for the kiddos.  We visited other churches and never felt welcome like we did at Kellogg. We even stopped going all together for a while.  Finally, the kiddos wanted to go again, so we started back at Kellogg and have been going ever since. 

In May of 2010, Samantha wanted to talk to Brother Paul about being baptized.  She accepted Jesus into her heart and life and has been very involved in church and the youth group ever since.

In March of 2011, Riley made the decision and talked to Brother Paul and accepted Jesus and was baptized as well. 

Somewhere between these two things, my parents joined the church as well.

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is amazing! Stopping by from the gratitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. I am hoping to take part in this challenge as well...I'm already a day behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!