(so, I've missed a few...)
Living to Tell the Story
It's Friday so that means it's time to look over the last week and look for those things that were blessings in our lives. Whether it was a great week or not, it's a good thing to look for those little things that brought some sunshine into our daily lives. If you need details you can go here first and then just join in!
1. The commitment on my part, as well as my mother and my sister, to begin taking dinner to my grandparent each week. Monday's are my days and we started last week. We decided this because Meme has been dealing with dementia and it just keeps getting worse and Pepaw has enough stress on him worrying about taking care of her. Since we just decided to do this this week, I wasn't very prepared, so I ran to the store and bought them a rotisserie chicken and some veggies for the sides. From now on, I will be better prepared! Either way, I know it is a blessing for them... it was for me this last week!
2. The Boy Scout Pack we are part of. Our planning meeting was this week and I am so excited about our new year!!
3. The Girl Scout Troop. We actually had our first meeting this past week and the girls were full of ideas for the year! I am equally excited about our Girl Scout year!
4. Friends I have made because of Scouting... oh, and friends my kiddos have made through scouts as well! I cannot express the great friendships that all of us have now that we wouldn't have if it weren't for scouting!
5. My Great Uncle Millard. I was his 50th birthday present and we have always had a special bond because of that. Even though he lives about an hour away, we still manage to see each other several times a year. I have other *great* relatives, but he is heavy on my heart this week, as he was discharged on Thursday from a week in the hospital with congestive heart failure, almost complete kidney failure and fluid built up on his lungs. He didn't feel as though he was going to make it through the night some nights, and he insisted on going home to his house... sadly, we all know why.
This was my first time to participate in this, and it really made me stop and think about all of the blessings that surround us!