Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

CREW: Madsen Method





When this first came in the mail, it was a little overwhelming.  I was lucky that I got it the Saturday that we started our Christmas break and I had a couple of weeks to look over it and 'figure it out'!  The books, at first, were a little hard for me to follow, but I read through all of them and decided to give it a shot.  I was ready to start back with this new program when we started up after the holidays!

The kiddos were super excited to start something new.  The first week was a pretty easy, albeit silly, week with Madsen.  We are looking forward to seeing how well this works for us.

Some time later:  Well, we have used the Madsen Method books for 3 and a half months and I am sad to say that I just don't think they are the right curriculum for us to use.  There was a lot of repeat for my kiddos, but I didn't feel I could skip any of it because I wasn't sure how it would be used in future lessons.  That was the main thing that caused us issues.  The kiddos quickly got bored with it because they knew what I was teaching them. 

So, while I don't think it is the fit for us, I do think it would be a great for a young child, just starting out with learning to write, read and spell.  I can see where it would be very beneficial for a young child just starting out.  The concept of the four parts of your brain working together to teach you, for you to learn is great.

*Disclaimer: This product was given to me free in exchange for my review. For more reviews on Madsen Method, please visit the Crew, linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!