Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Lessons..

Kiddos got up at a decent time today and we got quite a bit accomplished before we left out for our errands. 

We have started learning about insects in science, so they have enjoyed reading our science book and looking thru the books we checked out last week. We ended up with some neat-o ones!! Eyewitness Books ~ Insects (which are always cool- not matter what the subject!); Simon and Schuster Children's Guide to Insects and Spiders; Young Naturalist's Handbook Insect-lo-pedia by Matthew Reinhart; The Insect Class by Marc Zabludoff.  The kiddos have been pretty engrossed in these since last week...they are all pretty cool!! We have only been reading about bugs for now though, since the temps have been so cold, we haven't been seeing many bugs!  There are tons of fun activities in the book that we plan on working our way through when the creatures start creeping again!

We had a few errands to run while we were out.  Samantha's piano teacher told me that she is getting very good at reading her notes and music!  Yay!! I am so excited that she is loving music so much...I have to tell her sometimes - get off the piano!!  gotta love that!!  Riley's music teacher wasn't feeling great this week, but he did take the time to look at Granpa's guitar that he bought years ago in Taiwan or Thailand or somewhere. 

Kiddos went to church for dinner ~ they had potato soup and grilled cheese!  Mom picked them up from church and took them home to spend the night with her.  The adult class started a new lesson called The Contagious Christian.  I think it is going to be a good lesson ~ about spreading the word and sharing our faith.  Bro P told us not to worry if we *didn't know how* (I'm one of those) that by the end of the lesson, we would feel confident in it!!

Rog and some friends were playing Guitar Hero when I headed out, but when I got back, they had taken off for bowling and pizza...He just buzzed me and said they were headed home...I am tired, maybe I will still be awake when he gets home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!