Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Homemade Bread

I have a recipe for homemade bread that I throw the ingredients into the bread machine and turn it on on manual and let it do the mixing and kneading then it goes into a loaf pan and into the oven.  I make it all the time and we love it..it's so simple also!

Homemade Bread:

1 1/2 teaspoon yeast
3 cups flour
1 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
1/ 2 teaspoon salt (sometimes I use garlic salt)
2 Tablespoons butter
1 egg
1 cup milk

I place ingredients in my bread machine in this order (because my machine tells me to start with dry) and start it up.  When it beeps telling me it is done, I place it in a sprayed loaf pan and throw it in the oven 350* for 30 minutes.  Nothing like a slice of bread fresh from the over - covered in melting butter!!

I have tried a nut/grain bread using this...at the last cycle of my bread machine mixing, I have added sunflower seeds. pumpkins seeds, almonds and oatmeal.  All were chopped pretty small.  It turned out pretty good...but it is just fine plain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!