Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas to you all!!!

I pray you all had a very Merry Christmas!  We sure did around here!
Rog got home from the station about 7:20 and the kiddos were waiting patiently in their room for him to get home.  We had teased about them waiting for dad before they went to see what santa left, but I figured they would at least wake me up ~ they didn't!  Once Rog got home, they took off for the den! There wasn't much for them under the tree, from santa or us either one, but the DSI they got were plenty to make them happy! I was perfectly satisfied with my new shoes and some fire-starter logs!!
Christmas morning, well...day, tradition includes heading over to my inlaws for breakfast of homemade cinnamon rolls.  Normal years, we stay there for the day, do a sandwich type lunch, gifts, then a big Christmas dinner.  Since Rog worked Christmas Eve this year, we had to work my parents in...so we lunched there! 
At my mom's house, Samantha got a 'Just Like Me' American Girl Doll and Ry got a Lego Fire truck set. The kiddos all played and had a good time!  After lunch, we headed back over to inlaws...good thing we are all only 2 miles or so apart!
Back at my inlaws, the kiddos played until granpa was ready to open gifts ~he is always the one playing around and asking when we do we get to open presents...they started with the kiddos and their big gift ~ they all got a laptop! Samantha's is pink and Riley's is green ~ both very pretty!  We opened gifts, lots of nice things for all. Then Rog, his brother and I got to open our gifts...brother and I opened a laptop for each of us and Rog opened a crossbow!  He seemed a little disappointed that everyone got a computer except him. His main concern was how silly was he going to look carrying mine, pink, to work with him.  After a few minutes, his dad told him to open his box, so he could show him something.  Rog opened the box and it was full of paper ~ and a laptop...It was pretty funny...they got him pretty good!
All in all, we had a great Christmas!  I pray you did as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!