Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Homeschool Crew: Virginia Soaps and Scents



One of the boxes that came in the mail from the Crew was smelling pretty good! We couldn't wait to open this one! We received a box of variety from Virginia Soaps and Scents. Inside our box was several yummy smelling bars of soap (Orange, Milk and Honey, something lime (my fave!)) along with a shampoo bar and a laundry soap starter kit! What fun!

I am truly not a fan of bar soap, however with these, we all love them. They are placed at various sinks and tubs throughout the house. (And don't tell, but some people may be getting them for Christmas! These products will make great gifts!) The reason I don't generally care for bars - lack of lather - but these bars seem to lather up really well, which makes me happy - something about seeing the bubbles that makes you feel cleaner!

Next, I tried the shampoo bar. The first day I tried it, I didn't care for it, so I stopped using it. Then when I got 17+ inches cut off my hair and made it a little easier to manage, I gave it another try. I did like using the bar, it lathers really well, and I will continue to use this bar. Now, as far as buying more...I am unsure about that. It gave my hair a sticky feel when it is wet and I am not crazy about that. Now, when I am done washing it and is is dry, I really love the way it feels - but once I get back in the water, feels sticky again. Normally I wouldn't think to much of that, but when I went swimming last week, my hair was pretty sticky feeling and I didn't care for that. Even though it wasn't my favorite, I did appreciate the opportunity to try it, and I wish it would work for me....

Our last goody from Virginia Soap and Scents was a laundry soap kit. I have made homemade powdered laundry soap before but never tried the gel. The kit that was sent made right at a gallon and lasted an incredibly long time. The smell of the soap wasn't over powering in the laundry room, but the clothes smelled clean when they came out of the wash. I would continue to use the laundry soap, but there is one thing that I didn't care for - lack of bubbles! When my washing machine is filling with water and I add the laundry soap, I want to see bubbles! There were very few bubbles with this kit and that is something that is important to me - I am sure it is all in my head, but I feel like if there are bubbles, then it's doing it's job in cleaning!

Disclaimer: Being part of The Homeschool Crew, these products were sent to me free of charge in order for an honest review on my blog. For more reviews and opinions, please visit the Crew through the button above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!