Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Amish Peace by Susan Woods Fisher

I love reading Amish fiction stories.  There is just something about the slow paced lifestyle that I really like.  I know that the fiction books are just that, fiction, but they do offer a nice peek into the window of the lifestyle the Amish live.
I recently finished a book called Amish Peace by Suzanne Woods Fisher.  It is listed as an Inspiration book, and that it is.  Suzanne has taken each aspect of our fast paced busy life, and compared it to simple, almost laid back, peaceful feeling that the Amish live.  I am sure that it is not all flowers and rainbows in the Amish community, but you have to admit, their life is so much more 'simple' than ours. 
I really enjoyed reading Amish Peace. It gave much more 'true' insight to the Amish way of life, as well as made me slow down and think about my own fast paced life and those around me. Over the next few months, I will be working on simplifying my own life.
Available October 2009 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!