Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Homeschool Crew: EDUPDS ~ Write with the Best


Another selection from Educational Diagnostic Prescriptive Services that I thought we would like to try is Writing with the Best.   I went with Volume I, since we had never heard of this before and my kiddos ages.
Writing With The Best is a great program. It covers grades 3-12 and the slogan in the front says "Modeling Writing After Great Works of Literature" 
We started off at Lesson 1, and we spent a little over 2 weeks on this, and then I realized that we have some personal issues that need to be dealt with in order to get the full benefit from this program.  We have had to back up and are in the process of getting Samantha tested for some speech and reading issues. So, I didn't feel this was the best fit for us at the time.
All of that to say, however, once we get to the bottom of Samantha's problems and get on the track to being taken care of - we will start right back on this.  I have skimmed through the entire book and I am loving the way it looks and the selections that they are reading.  I can't wait until we can get back to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!