Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4H is underway!

This morning, I had a meeting with the 4H rep from the county office and the 4H Club for our homeschool group is OFFICAL!  I asked about it within our group and the response was overwhelming - out of 30 families- 12 of them were interested - pretty good odds if you ask me!  So, I have been on the phone and dealing with the paper work and such, to get us up and going.  This meeting was the final step for me before we open it up to the families!  YAY!  Pray that our 4H Club is successful and that the children all enjoy and have fun with it!


From our meeting, we went and visitied Meme and Pepaw.  They have a new addition at their house. Meet Bo :


They are elderly, and do not really need a dog, especially a puppy, but when their other dog Teddy passed, about 3 months ago, my Pepaw went into a major depression - which is worse for him than a new puppy! So, my sis and my cousin found a liter, they both got one and got one for my grandparents.  While I say they do not need a dog, man - he was in a GREAT mood yesterday when we stopped by. This little fellar follwed him EVERYWHERE ~ makes his day! So, I guess he can keep him.  He is kinda cute anyways....


When we got home, the kiddos got straight on their school work and even though they drug it out longer than I cared for, they did get done before dinner!  Today was Language Arts, Math, and History.  They loved the connection of the Queen of Scots to our FIAR book Wee Gillis!  After reading Wee Gillis, we talked about family names, that went along with our family tree from last week!


The kiddos are begging to 'stay up all night' so I think I will let them, we will see how long that lasts!  I, however, am not staying up all night, so off to bed for me!

1 comment:

  1. SurvivingTheTestosteroneAugust 14, 2008 at 10:58 AM

    I guess I can run but I can't hide. LOL I used to have the sig line about lupus and fibro but changed it a while back to my blog link. I just added yours to my favorites. :)


    Hugs,

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!