Pages

Saturday, December 15, 2007

My baking day chaos

Well, my intentions were to get up, help Rog and SIs get off to deer camp and start baking.  My sister was supposed to come over and join me in baking.  Sounds like a good plan huh?  Wellll....it didn't exactly go that way.


First, it was pouring down nasty rainy weather Friday and Friday night, so I didn't get out tot he store to get the rest of my need. Then, Rog's dad decided he was going with them and so Rog had to wait on him to get ready to go -which was ok, because Rog needed to run to the bank.  Well, since he was getting out, and the bank is right there by the WalMart store, and he was going to have some money - I decided I could go with him, we could get the rest of my stuff, and groceries for this next week.  That worked out ok...as we were leaving the store, my dad called - wanting to know where we were. He was at my house - he had decided that today would be a great day to fix my leaking kitchen faucet.  The one that has been dripping for the past 3 years that we have lived in this house...the one that is in my kitchen, where I was going to spend the day baking...the one that I am so used to dripping that I wasn't sure what he was going to do to it...today...on my baking day....


So, it ended up being a fairly quick fix for my dad and he was out of the way long before Rog and Sis were!  After they left, my sister called - she was going to go do somthing for a friend that she was supposed to do last weekend and she may be by later (she never showed...)


After my house cleared and I was all alone - I started with White Chocolate Dipped Ritz/PB Sandwhich Crackers.  I also made some M&M cookies, and some White Chocolate Peppermint Chippers. 


Ry was at MIL with BIL and my 3 nephews -he went to a Christmas Party with them.  MIL came and got me - we went to Arby's and sat down and had a nice meal - just the 2 of us - for the first time in probably 8 years.  She brought me home, it is cold, and I am taking something to help me sleep and going to bed.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!