Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Menu rotation??

Anyone ever successfully come up with a menu rotation?  I was random blogging last night, and found an enrty from 2/06 about a menu that was made on a six-week rotation. I printed it off, and I am going to adapt it to our tastes and faves and give it a try. 


It would seem to be easy and save time - once you initially got started. Would it not? I mean, you can make the menu out and then make a grocery list for each week, and your done...with the exception of adding your extra needs each week to your list before shopping.


The only other way I can see that it would need to be 'tweaked' is maybe one set for spring/summer and one set for fall/winter - because we love to have chili, just not in the middle of the summer - same thing for grilling...can't do that in the dead of winter. 


I guess I will put some time into 2 different 6 week rotations and see if I can put that into practice around here.  Maybe instead of 7 meals, I can plan 5 for each week -to leave room to try new things and for the times that something comes up!!

4 comments:

  1. I have not done this yet, but plan on making one soon. I would be interested in seeing what you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been my goal as well. But we are rather simple eaters so a good solid 7 or 8 weeks of menues to rotate would be great. Of course I want low carb friendly and the DH and DS don't ...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and BTW its nice to see that you got that right column back up.

    Looks great!


    Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a menu planner ONCE and I couldn't stick with it for a week.

    Maybe one of these days.... lol.

    Maybe if it was a menu plan that was longer than 6 weeks, I could *possibly* do it. I get bored quickly!


    Huggaroos,

    Di

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!