Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Path of Righteousness

Path of Righteousness


Psalms 23:3 ~He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the path of righteousness for his name's sake.


What type of leader was Jesus?


*He was not dictatorial


*He was not democratic


*He was not easy going


Galatians 6:7 ~ Be not decieved, God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that he shall also reap.


Why must the shepherd lead me?


*Sheep have no sense of direction on their own


Isaiah 53:6 ~ All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.


*Sheep don't know where to go


*There are necessary places that sheep don't want to go


*Sheep are not sure-footed


*Shepherd wants to encounter our dangers first


*The shepherd knows where to go


John 10:4 ~ And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.


What the shepherd does not do


*Call to us from the destination


*Drive us to those right paths


*Pace us to walk faster


*Measure us to see how far we walk


Hebrews 12:1 ~ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.


*Challenge us to walk futher  each day


Galatians 6:9 ~ And let us not be weary in well doing; for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.


It is not how fast or how far we walk with Him. He wants us to follow the right paths and arrive at the destination with Him.


What are righteous paths?


*The original meaning suggests right paths.


*Since He leads in the right path, there must be wrong paths.


How can you find the wrong path?


*Ignoring God's word


*Violating your own conscience


*Go against good advice


*Disobey God's commandments


*Feed on the wrong food


*Search for the wrong goals


*Follow ungodly friends


How can you find God's choice of right paths?


Follow ~Mark 1:17 ~ And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men.


Get close ~ Matthew 11:28 ~ Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


Remain ~ John 15:4 ~ Abide in me and I in you. As the branches cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye, except ye abide in me.


Finding the right path


*There is a right path for you


*There is a right path today


*There is a right path tomorrow


*Are you on the right path now?


For His namesake -


~The name of God represents the reputation of God.


~God puts His name on His sheep~
Revelation 3:12 ~ Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon the name of my God, and the name of my city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upin him my new name.


How dependable are the promises of God? As dependable as God is. I Thessalonians 5:24 ~ Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!