Pages

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sunday, October 29, 2006 ~ Day 9

We had already docked back in Galveston by the time we woke up.  We were on the list to leave the boat at 8:30, so there was no use in rushing. We spent some of our time waiting out on our balcony looking at the oily bay - missing the pretty blue waters we had just spent the last week in. We got to see a few dolphins jumping in the bay again - last Sunday, seeing them jump in the bay was really neat- this Sunday, after having one pull me thru the water - just seeing them in the bay wasn't as big a deal.  We got all of our stuff gathered up, found our new friend Launrdo and told him bye and then went to wait in our assigned area.  While we were there waiting, I was nervous again. I guess it was the whole customs/passport issue, because once we got thru that, I was fine.  Anyways, while we were waiting, I was watching out the window at them reloading the ship - man you would not believe all the food products they had that they were bringing on board - I mean I realize that there needed to be alot on the boat for all the people for a week and all, but to see it all stacked up still in boxes was just overwhelming - that was ALOT of food!!!

We got off the ship, found our luggage and got thru all the lines just a few seconds before my sis pulled up with my kiddos...I was glad to see them - we both were, them on the other hand were like- Hi mom, Hi dad. My sis said that they were not really that impressed with the huge ship either, so we loaded up and hit the road.

I called my mom and my dad about half way home, told him we would be home for dinner and that we wanted something fried, with hot sauce and a mountain dew!

Man, it felt so good to be home and to sleep in our own bed!!



**I do have to say that I am fully aware that I did miss out on some once in a life time chances - like trying the turtle and feeding the stingrays - missing out on some things was by choice, and maybe I should have tried more things, but I do have to say that this was one of the most educational and memorable things I have ever done, and even if I missed out on a few things, I did get to do more than I missed.  Other things that were once in a lifetime thing as well.**

2 comments:

  1. I had to laugh at the "8:30, so no point rushing." If it were us, we'd be waking up at 8:29, so there'd be plenty of rushing needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO enjoyed reading about your cruise! You guys had an exciting time... I love it! I do wish that you'd have felt a little better...during your blah times. All in all, it looks as if you guys made great 10th Anniversary memories!! Thank you for sharing it with us! Blessings to you...

    Love ya...

    Missy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!