Pages

Saturday, June 10, 2006

A CHARLOTTE MASON COMPANION ~ my notes

A CHARLOTTE MASON COMPANION

by Karen Andreola

Be sure that your children have

*Something or someone to love

*Something to do

*Something to think about each day!

Three R's to teach your children: Religion, Respect, Responsibility.

Week of Bible verses for those who cannot hold their temper:

SUNDAY: Pleaseant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

MONDAY: He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Proverbs 16:32

TUESDAY: Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethern, be pitiful, be courteous. I Peter 3:8

WEDNESDAY: No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us. I John 4:12

THURSDAY: Withhold not good from then to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it. Proverbs 3:27

FRIDAY: And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men apt to teach, patient. II Timothy 2:24

SATURDAY: If it be possible, as much lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18

SUNDAY: To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Fatrher in His throne. Revelation 3:21

I am , I can, I ought, I will.

Write out simple verse for the child to learn, then put it on individual cards for the child to put in order.

3 period Lesson: 
*Period One: Naming - This is a ....
*Period Two: Recognition - Which one is the....
*Period Three: Pronuciation of the word - What is this....

Outline of hoe to do a picture study:
1. Choose one artist per 12 week term (we have 9 week terms)
2. Choose at least 6 of the artist works
3. Keep each piece on display for 2 weeks
4. Give some boigraphical background on the painter
5. Give brief explanation of the picture
6. Have student provide narrative of picture

**Some artist worth studying**
Jean Francois Miller
Mary Cassat
Claude Monet
Raphael Santi
Grandma Moses
Richard Red Grave
Dante Gabriel Rosetti
William Holman Hunt
Rembrandt Van Rivi
Maxfield Parrish
NC Wyeth
Leonardo DaVinci
Michaelangleo Buonarroti
Pierre Auguste Renior
Vincent Van Gogh

** PLEASE NOTE** These are my notes that I took while I was reading this book. They are just ideas that stuck out to me and things I wanted to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!