Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Couponing for the Rest of Us ~ a review

Revell Publishing offered the book Couponing for the Rest of Us as a review item.  I try hard to coupon, no where near the extreme couponing, I thought this would be a good resource to have.

Taken from Website:
Kasey Knight Trenum knows what it's like firsthand. When her family's finances were in a tailspin, she gritted her teeth and gave in to the need to save. In Couponing for the Rest of Us she shows you how she learned to save hundreds of dollars every month and offers time-saving tips and tricks you can easily implement in your busy life. You'll discover


· where to find coupons for what your family eats
· how to reinvent your shopping strategy
· how to make grocery shopping less stressful-even fun!
· and much more

If you want to save money and time, this book is a gold mine.

"Prepare to be surprised by how easy it really is to slash your grocery budget by 50 to 70 percent consistently, week after week! Kasey takes you from start to finish using her uniquely simple strategies. You'll go step-by-step, from collecting coupons to getting organized to understanding store policies and secrets for how to maximize your savings-just like a pro!"-Mary Hunt, personal finance expert and founder of Debt-Proof Living, author of 7 Money Rules for Life

Kasey Knight Trenum hosts Time 2 $ave / Time 2 Give, a frugal and couponing blog (www.time2saveworkshops.com), and conducts Time 2 $ave workshops frequently. Her weekly column can be read in Scripps newspapers nationwide, her work has been featured in Parademagazine and All You magazine, and she has been interviewed on HNL's Making It in America and NPR's All Things Considered. She has a personal passion for seeing women, men, and families find financial freedom, be empowered to improve their lives, and become purposeful givers. She and her husband and children live in Tennessee.

Like I thought, this was (will be) a pretty good resource.  In addition to the 10 chapters that discuss couponing 101, stockpiling and drugstores (and their secrets); there are also some wonderful resources in the appendix!  

I pretty much know the basics, like if I'm not going to use it, then even if it's on sale and I have a coupon, it's not worth it. However, I did learn a few things that I wasn't aware of - mainly about the drugstores, but some stockpiling and freezer resources.

I can't quit grasp the stockpiling yet - maybe because my budget is so tight that I can't see spending (even f it's just a little) on something I have plenty of and don't need at the time.  Maybe I will get there?

Overall, I highly recommend this book - especially if you are new to couponing, but even for those that aren't to the extreme point yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!