Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

CREW: Big IQ Kids

First Impression:  We started off a Monday morning with Big IQ Kids and ended up doing nothing but Big IQ Kids for most of the day!  (Not my plans... but it worked!).


Photobucket


We do not currently have our math program, so I thought we would just do math on here until the other appeared (well, got ordered and then appeared!). First thing I noticed/liked when we signed in... it had a timer (on the math page) letting them know how long they were on the lessons (was nice because I said 20 minutes in math).  They both did pretty good on that, even though I registered them at 6th grade. It seemed to start off at the basic levels.  I am going to look into it and see how I need to step it up to their level.

They wanted to keep playing, so I told them to go to the spelling section.  WOW!  We get to add our spelling list in there and they can use our current list to play 4 or 5 different games on Bog IQ Kids.  So, after 20 minutes of math on here, I entered their spelling lists on each of their accounts and they spent another 30 minutes doing spelling games!  (even working through *lunchtime* - this is BIG because with Riley, it doesn't matter when he last ate, at 12:00pm... it's lunchtime!).  At 12:45, I stopped them to go eat lunch with the promise that we would do US games after we ate.

Coming back from lunch, I get on my email and check out what is there.... email updates!  It let me know what they had done, what their mastery was in that area and that they were moving to the next level.

I don't have photos, because I didn't take any of the kiddos playing on the computers!  I personally don't know how to do screen shots and the one that the crew was offering was too big, and I don't know how to resize them either!!

Big IQ Kids website does seem busy to me and was a little hard to navigate through it all, but as usual, the kiddos were fine with it.  As you can see, there is lots on there!!  It does offer a few free items, but there is the premium stuff on there as well!  The premium stuff is where it's at!  

Spelling Junior is offered at a premium price of $39.99 per year, Interactive Math is offered for $49.99 per year & the Interactive States is offered for $39.99 per year.  

One other thing my kiddos told me they really liked about Big IQ Kids was that with each lesson completed, you got a coin. With the coins, you could change your avatar or play other silly learning games.  They worked hard on the lessons because they wanted to earn those coins. 

I didn't see an age anywhere on the website, I think because of the Spelling Junior, that Big IQ Kids website is good for all school aged children.

To  find out what other's had to say about Big IQ Kids, click the Crew Banner below:

Photobucket

**DISCLAIMER** this product was given to me free of charge in exchange for honest review.

1 comment:

  1. How cool that they were so excited! There is a lot in here, that is for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!