Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

All gave some, Some gave all...

Some stood true for the red, white and blue
And some had to fall...

LOVE that song... brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

We had an interesting Veteran's Day.

I started first thing this morning (4:30am) on some Friendship Bread.  A friend that helped chop and haul wood this past weekend was headed to the deer woods & I had promised him some.  Once the kiddos got up and Roger got home, we headed to church for a Veteran's Breakfast.  My dad, fil, both uncles & Pepaw were all there as well.  The daily email that was sent out by Brother Paul said there were about 70 people served this morning.

Rog had to head to work so the kiddos and I headed out to Sherwood...



This is my Pepaw...

This is my Uncle Wayne, who was killed in a vehicle accident before I was born...



 Somebody's fingers trying to make the name show through... they did OK, but not as well as I had hoped...

We took the dog with us when we went up to the wall and the kiddos did some running with her while we were there.

Home for math and reading, then back out to the Jacksonville Museum of Military History.  We ended up there at the perfect time - just in time to hear the 11 bells ring out at the 11th hour on the 11th day of the 11th month.... talk about CHILLS!  There was a dedication ceremony for the Traveling Arkansas Fallen Heros Memorial...

The Museum was open today free to all visitors, so we roamed around in there for a bit.  Kiddos took a few pictures, but they were mostly blurry...

The Civil War display was, of course, focused on Arkansas.  I mean, it highlights it all, with extra focus on the areas in the state.  On the way home, we went by Reed's Bridge.


Home for lunch, then outside to collect leaves for Girl Scout project that we are going to work on tonight and then quiet time to finish up our school work.

Dinner ended up being grilled dogs/sausages & tater chips!  My Girl Scout meeting went well and we have some fall crafts to take to the nursing home next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!