Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A month of Thanksgiving - Day 7

Today, I am thankful for life's little helpers.  You know, the modern day servants of those of us striving to be the Proverbs 31 woman.  Those things that you don't think about until you don't have them...  I am speaking of things like washer, dryer, dishwasher, vacuum, and lastly, my bread maker...  with my Lupus, and my pain, I cannot knead bread like most can.  I rely on the manual setting on my bread machine to do that for me...

Well, this afternoon, I throw all the makings for cinnamon rolls in the machine and hit go and set off doing other things around the house.  I ended up at my kitchen sink and there was this horrible fire smell... I look over and smoke is pouring out of my machine... I unplugged it and just tossed it to the curb.  I have had it for about 8 years (and use it quite a bit) and it was used when I got it at a yard sale.  I use it enough when I am not around, over night, toss stuff in and go do errands or other things, that I just didn't want to take the chance of it catching fire....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!