Pages

Monday, October 2, 2006

I had to blog...

I am sitting here, in tears, as I watch Fox News. 


 


We all started off on the wrong foot around here...everyone is tired, grumpy and just in general not being friendly this morning.  I am sure I fussed more than necessary about something that was a minor issue, I am also sure there have been tears shed by my kiddos that were also unnecessary, over something that was minor.


 


As I sit and watch the news about Amish Country, PA. I am at a loss for words...first, this is the 3rd time this has happened in the past 5 days!!  As if that is not enough, the most recent in PA...Amish country of all places.  Now, I don't much about the Amish, but the Amish community comes across to me as a quiet, keep to yourself group of people.  I would think that one of the safest places for a child to be would be in a one room school house. Are they safe no where? As I am typing this, they break in the PA news and say that there are 2 schools on lock down in Las Vegas, due to a unknown gunman on the loose.


 


Now, I am not saying anything bad about parents who can not or do not homeschool their children, but with what has happened the past 5 days in 4 different areas, I will do everything in my power to keep my children out of the public school system. I pray for those children who cannot be home with their moms and dads.  I pray for those moms and dads who have no choice but to send their children to school. I pray for all of the families who have lost a child due to school violence, and I pray even harder for all of the children who were witnesses to the horrible things that happened there. And, I praise the Lord daily that my children are home with me and being kept under my wing.


 


Please join me in prayer for the families involved in these recent situations.


 


I am off to go re-evaluate how we handled our morning and remember how blessed I am to have my children here with me.

1 comment:

  1. I have been heartbroken all day. I also looked at my kiddos and thanked the Lord that they were home with me..safe and sound. My prayers are with those mothers who have lost their babies in such a tragic horrific way..


    HUGS,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by ~ and a bigger thanks for leaving me a message!