This was too great not to pass along! Remember when we had no worries............
Close your eyes...And go back...
Before the Internet or PC or the MAC......
Before semi-automatics and crack....
Before Playstation, SEGA, Super Nintendo, even before Atari...
Before cell phones, CD's, DVD's, voicemail and e-mail....
I'm talkin' bout:
* Hide and seek at dusk
* Red light, Green light
* Red Rover....Red Rover.....
* Playing kickball & dodgeball until the
streetlight came on
* Ring around the Rosie
* London Bridge
* Hot potato
* Hop Scotch
* Jump rope
* YOU'RE IT!!
* Parents stood on the front porch and yelled (or whistled)for you to come home - no pagers or cell phones
* Mother May I?
* Hula Hoops
* Seeing shapes in the clouds
* Endless summer days and hot summer nights (no A/C) with the windows open
* The sound of crickets
* Running through the sprinkler
* Happy Meals
* Cereal boxes with that GREAT prize in the bottom
* Cracker jacks with the same thing
* Ice pops with 2 sticks you could break and share with a friend
...but wait.....there's more....
* Watchin' Saturday Morning cartoons
* Fat Albert, Road Runner, Smurfs, Picture Pages, G-Force & He-Man,
* Schoolhouse Rock
* Watchin' Sunday morning oldies (Abbott & Costello, Three Stooges)
* Wonder Woman & Super Man Underoos
* Playing Dukes of Hazard, Batman and Robin or Cowboys and Indians
* Catchin' lightning bugs in a jar
* Christmas morning
* Your first day of school
* Bedtime Prayers and Goodnight Kisses
* Climbing trees
* Swinging as high as you could to try and reach the sky
* Getting an Ice Cream off the Good Humor Truck
* A million mosquito bites and sticky fingers
* Jumpin' down the steps
* Jumpin' on the bed
* Pillow fights
* A 13" black and white TV in your room meant you were RICH
* Runnin' till you were out of breath
* Laughing so hard that your stomach hurt
* Being tired from PLAYING
* WORK: meant taking out the garbage or doing the dishes
* Your first crush
* Your first kiss (I mean the one that you kept your mouth CLOSED and your eyes OPEN)
* Rainy days at school meant playing "Heads up 7UP" or hangman" in the classroom, Remember that?
Oh, I'm not finished yet....
* Kool-Aid was the drink of the summer
* So was a swig from the hose
* Giving your friends a ride on your handlebars
* Wearing your new shoes on the first day of sc hool
* Class Field Trips with soggy sandwiches
* When nearly everyone's mom was at home when the kids got there.
* When a quarter seemed like a fair allowance; and another quarter a MIRACLE
* When ANY parent could discipline ANY kid, or feed him, or use him to carry groceries...And nobody, not even the kid, thought a thing of it.
* When your parents took you to McDonalds and you were COOL
* When being sent to the principal's office was nothing compared to the fate that awaited you at home.
* Basically, we were in fear for our lives but it wasn't because of drive by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc.
* Our parents and grandparents were a much bigger threat! And some of us are still afraid of em!
Didn't that feel good? Just to go back and say, "Yeah, I remember that!"
Well, let' s keep going!!
Let's go back to the time when...
* Decisions were made by going "eeny-meeny-miney-mo"
*Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, "do over!"
*"Race issues" meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
* Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in "monopoly"
* Catching fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening
* It wasn't odd to have two or three "best" friends.
* Being old, referred to anyone over 20. (CRAP! I'm officially old!)
* The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.
* Nobody was prettier than Mom
* Scrapes and bruises were kissed by mom or grandma and made better
* It was a big deal to finally be tall enough to ride the "big people" rides at the amusement park.
* Getting a foot of snow was a dream come true.
* Abilities were discovered because of a "double-dog-dare"
* Spinning around, getting dizzy and falling down was cause for giggles.
* The worst embarrassment was being picked last for a team.
* Water balloons were the ultimate, ultimate weapon.
* Older siblings were your worst tormentors, but also your fiercest protector
If you can remember most or all of these, then you have LIVED!!!
Pass this on to anyone who may need a break from their "grown up" life......
I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA!!!
**Courtesey of an email**